Monday, March 15, 2010

When you come to a roadblock, take a detour....Mary Kay Ash

When we continously live in our little "comfort" zone, when things turn awry...sometimes solving that problem can spin many "merry go rounds". My first batch of fries hatched late February and for almost a week I just couldn't get my brine shrimp eggs to hatch. Forced into a corner by my stubborness, I learnt to decap brine shrimp eggs and feed them to the fries. Decapping brine shimp eggs and feeding them to fries can turn horrendous because the process entail using clorox and vinegar and if the decapped eggs are not washed clean, the whole spawn can be wiped out. Meanwhile, I was still trying ways and means going over what I used to do with my usual method of hatching brine shimp eggs with salt.... same low hatching rates!!

Finally in desperation, I called another hobbyist who happened to buy the same brine shrimp eggs and from this friend, I finally realised my folly. The salt that I been using (since I started breeding) to hatch my brine shrimp eggs used to be supplied by my favourite ranchu shop....the proprietor buy table salt by the bags....and this salt are different from the normal acquarium salt. Since that ranchu shop have stopped ranchu business early last year, I started using acquarium salt to hatch the brine shrimp eggs and thats where my problem lies...Brine shrimp eggs hatches best using just our normal table salt!!


Sample of 2010 Spawn A....(Kageyama X Kashino)
18 Days Old



.

No comments:

Post a Comment