Monday, March 29, 2010

Putting shoulders to the wheels...

Ranchu breeding is a family affair. When I have a large spawn or mutiple spawns (like what I did last year), the whole family helped in scooping and transferring fries from one basin to another...water change does help family bonding.

This year and I hope for the next 2 years till my son graduate from Polytechnic, I am very lucky to have him at home helping out during his semester break. The buying of fresh daphnia is done by him first thing in the morning. My spawn A grew rapidly, but my spawn B wasn't that lucky...just when B was about ready for live daphnia, my son went on a school excursion to Malaysia for a week...Spawn B growth was not as dynamic, but now my son is back and every effort is being made to play catch up.

Sample of Spawn A at 31 days old.

Waiting for the final cull...


Photobucket

Close-Up


Photobucket

The Video




Hope to update Spawn B in due time and as a close friend from further North visted over the weekend...Spawn B is definitely better then Spawn A...hope not to disappoint and hope I can raise Spawn B dilligently as this is a full Kageyama spawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment