Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Treating young fries (Spawn C)

I have wasted a few spawns in the past bcos of the spawns succumbing to gill flukes or internal bacteria infection...I still remember my Takeuchi spawn where the black babies were already about 8 weeks old and slowly one by one they died on me...really heartbreaking and I was thinking to myself then....give up ranchu or try and hang in there and try to master treatment....glad I decided to stay learning and here I treat my almost 3 weeks old fries which came down with internal bacteria infection...young fries are very delicate and must have the patience and discipline to see it through. Fries been sick since 21st Feb.....Its just my work schedule where I can't be home during lunch time every day to feed the young fries; so no choice just put as much brine shrimp as what I think the fries will consume during the day till I am back from work. Apparently, when there was a sudden change of weather and the hot afternoon turn into a heavy thunderstorm, the live brine shrimps died or dying and fries eating them are eating contaiminated food and fall sick. Now under treatment of 0.3 to 0.4% salt and acriflavine...feeding must continue during treatment (A Thai bro kindly share this insight.)






Fries as today 25th Feb... now free swimming and on the road to recovery...none died but I culled a few that were damaged like body bent or tail badly damaged due to treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment