Monday, April 11, 2011

Dr Tan Cheng Bock....Man of Principle.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Salute to the man(Dr Tan Cheng Bock) who stand by what he believes is right and do what is right. In my ranchu journey as and when I engages in deep conversation with hobbyists and friends alike, I always espouse friendship, good character and a certain amount of pride in how we conduct ourselves and how we enjoy our ranchu hobby. I always maintain.... give us a good man and we can make him a good ranchu keeper..and not the other way round.

Last year, one good brother misunderstood me when I said "We must be man of principle" and he thought that I meant he is a man of no principle. Finally two months after the miscommunication, he came by to "Pai Nian" and we had a long chat....he know I meant well.

Late last year, I was also involved in the forming of a Ranchu Club and I partake of it no more. As I always maintain... any developement of a ranchu club or organization must be done with pure hobbyists' intent. As many who know me know that I am an easy going person, but certain task especially something that is done for the good of the public must be done with sincerity and integrity....I will never compromise that principle.
Just in case any doubt that I am speaking from inexperiences and "old man" whinning...below is the exhibit of my standing.

I was gifted the plaque for my contribution to club activities and my push for the sharing and improvement of shepherd knowledge amongst fellow hobbyists.



Some of the bigger self bred...those that I groomed and hope the new owner will enjoy and carry on enjoying the beauty of top view ranchu. One piece that left me last weekend....

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Richard Lim,

    Why? With your vast experience and knowledge on TVR, you should join and lead the club. Are you not participating in the club because you are setting up a fish farm? Rumors rumors rummors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anoymous..... I am a pure hobbyist through and through. I have no intention of setting up or inheriting a fish farm..other individual/individuals might harbour that intention, but definitely not me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr Lim, do you own a ranchu farm now? I would very much want to visit your farm when i visit Singapore again. I like some of the fishes that you produced as shown here in this blog. I am from Australia and Ranchus are very hard to come by. By the way, im Terry, Terry Seah to be more precise. I came to be aware of this Blog from www.arofanatics.com

    Check with you, is Osukaa still open? I visited in Feb this year during my 1 day transit but seem like the ranchu business was not operational. Only saw some Kois enthusiast there.

    And is Murai Ranchu farm still operational. Visited last year around April with wifey and 2 young sons. Great Stuffs there and many tubs. Did not buy anything then as the owner was busy talking to his friends, a young couple and another guy. Overheard, that the lady would eventually inherit the business. So is the farm now run by new operators? She seems excited over the prospect.

    Mr Lim, i will contact you again here once my schedule is confirmed. Keep sharing, it is always an eye opener for us, non japanese natives and especially so here in Perth. Thank you for the effort and take care mate!

    ReplyDelete