Saturday, September 19, 2009

Breeding

In breeding of any species of animal or fishes, there are 2 relevant characteristics that serious breeder always have revolving in their head as they plan their breeding. One is to look at the Genotype characterics...genetic makeup of the said species by studying the bloodlines behind it and the other is to look at the Phenotype characteristics that are portrayed physically by studying the species through the breeder's eyes.

In ranchu breeding sad to say there aren't much genetic material to work upon unless one is a student for many years, know where to get the right fishes and have bred consistently.

Given my handicap and limited experiences, I try looking at the phenotype characteristic of my fishes and I am considering pairing these 2 fishes for my upcoming spawn. The male is a pure Kudou while the female is a half kudou.

Kudou Male





1/2 Kudou Female


No comments:

Post a Comment